Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Updating early today.....

I'm updating early so I can have a relaxing evening watching Boston Legal.

Mom said that people have been wondering about Christmas presents (already!), so I figured I would list some things I would like and/or need:

-Contact solution - Opti Free
-Crest white strips
-Suave sweet pea and violet deodorant
-The Trapeze Diaries - Marie Carter
-The Early Arrival of Dreams : A year in China - Rosemary Mahoney
-The Bean Trees - Barbara Kingsolver
-Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
-The Good Women of China - Xinran Xue (looks amazing!)
-I've also picked out some awesome clothes which can be seen (listed in order of would like most):
here, here, here, here, here (in lavender), here, here (in magenta), here, here, here, here (wine), here (navy/cream), here (navy), here, and here.


I was farting around on the internet reading blogs and one of them mentioned this site where you can morph your pictures with your partner to see what your children would look like. So... I did it for Nathan and I. And the results were amusing.

I don't really think they look much like us at all, but it was a fun experiment. It's unfortunate that they have inherited my large forehead. Haha. They look a little bit like aliens.

I've made it through 2 seasons of Boston Legal already. I only have four, so that stinks. It's such a good show.

Today I lectured about resumes, cover letters, and references. I'm pretty sure they still didn't get it, even though I made a power point, took two hours to explain three documents. I don't know how to get them to pay attention. I guess we'll see how they do for their midterm, they're required to bring in a copy of each when I interview them. If they get a bad grade they'll probably start paying more attention.

I'm off to loaf.

3 comments:

Sam Woollard said...

Christmas........ We'll probably do as we did for your birthday and pick out some of your dresses and have them shipped to Mum. Will let you know which later. Size is stil Small, correct?

Now when are your bringing those beautiful great grandchildren of ours to England? Let us know their names and DOB so that we can add them to our card list....

Good luck with the mid terms. Lots of love

Grandma and Grandpa
xxxx

Anonymous said...

hey lady.

I'm sad that you won't be here for christmas :( we need to skype soon!

Oh, and if you and Nathan ever have kids... try to have a girl, she's so adorable! The boy looks like a character on lord of the rings... which is not going to be good for him. :)

Love love love! miss you muchos.

Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Jess,
Just for fun, combine your grandma and grandpa to see if their children came out like the picture.
Also, if you have a picture of me and grandpa Joe, see if your Dad and uncle Mark came out right. It is too late to do a re-do on them but it would be fun.
Your children are gorgeous! I'll take the little boy if you dont want him! Love you bunches, Nana