Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama!

Well, today history was made. Obama was elected president. It's so crazy and wonderful all at the same time. I look forward to seeing some positive changes start occurring in the country now.

I was a lucky bunny today, indeed. I received not one, not two, but THREE packages from friends and family.
- Three delicious blocks of velveeta from Dad and Renee
- A gorgeous shirt and workout dvd from Lauren
-A giant box full of cookies, goldfish, cute fish shaped ice cube tray, tortilla chips, a couple somewhat moldy gourds, and granola bars from Rachel

Fabulous. I am rather spoiled. :)

Today I taught references, resumes, and cover letters. The kids just don't understand references. It seems everyone gets jobs through their guanxi (connections) and that's what they think I mean. It's been rather difficult attempting to explain that this is not how it works in the U.S. but I can't come up with a more effective way of teaching.

We got paid today which is lovely. I shall slip out to do some Christmas shopping at some point and mail those off so they get to their various destinations on time.

I think I might make myself a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There must be something magic about the number three for packages. Hope you enjoy the Velveeta, sounds as though you already are. We may actually have some rain for the first time in what seems like months. Hooray for Obama!!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Curious- what's the response to our recent election like over there? I've heard from one source that China is not all that ecstatic about Senator Obama's election for various reasons. Hope, as ever, you're well! Also, tell me your address :-)

my