Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's my party...

Nathan arrived around 8:30pm on Friday. Qiao, Jennifer, Nathan, and I (dressed as an angel) immediately headed to Le Nest (a club) to meet David who was already there holding a table for us. The place was packed! It was a rather grand time in which we danced and stood for many hours. I even ended up breaking a heel! Good times indeed.





The next day we slept in rather late. We decided to go dvd shopping and have McDonalds for lunch. Tasty. We were pretty successful in our dvd shopping and came away with some good finds, including Teeth.
We headed to the pizza place with Jennifer and Sophie around 6:30pm. Hamlin dropped off a gift for me, but unfortunately couldn't stay. David also had plans, so it was just the four of us. It still ended up being fun, and I'm glad I got to experience Sophie trying pizza for the first time.


We went to the grocery store after pizza because I wanted spaghetti sauce, but didn't find anything.
We returned to the apartment where we bid goodbye to Jenn and Sophie. Nathan and I spent the rest of the night watching movies.

Today was my actual birthday and I spent it alone for the most part watching Boston Legal and playing on the internet. I opened my gifts before Nathan left this morning, and I got some great stuff.



Sophie and her friend came over for about half an hour to make me long life noodles for my birthday which were delicious. She also brought me a nice cactus.


Cary was also kind enough to bring me a small cake and nice umbrella.

Now I've got to make up a lesson for tomorrow and continue working on my laptop. It's quasi-working at this point. Thanks again for the disks, Grandpa.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my beautiful daughter. Looks as though you have had a good weekend. I'm really envious of the desserts! I'll kep checking Skype in the hopes that I can talk to you on your special day. Love you lots, Mom

Anonymous said...

Sahng yut fai lok!

Hope all's as well as ever in China!

-my

Nathan said...

Hey babe, miss you. Glad the robe I gave you made it up here ;). Judging by your blogs, people are gonna think we only eat McDonald's! Haha

Anonymous said...

Jess,

Happy Birthday. Your mom was dissapointed to miss your call. We were having breakfast at Dan's!

Jeff