Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Be a miracle...

Speech contest went better. They didn't badger me to ask questions this evening. I did ask a couple questions and I made the poor girl so nervous she couldn't answer the question anyways. One of my students got first or second place though, which was fantastic. She's a really great speaker and did fabulously on her midterm today as well.

I found these 'cup' soups at the store awhile back and have just started trying them. The tomato one is delicious and goes really well with a grilled cheese. Yum.

I've been doing pretty well at fighting my desire to go shopping lately. Ok... that's not true, I went shopping yesterday, but for Christmas presents! Not for myself! I really want a couple more pairs of boots though... and some sweaters. I've been 'windows' (ahahaha... get it? windows... like... never mind) shopping at the Forever 21 website. I pretty much love everything at their store.
I hate clothes shopping in China (purse and shoe shopping are another story). Nothing fits here, at least not in Jiujiang. I can't wait to go to Beijing and hit the Pearl Market. Get some jeans, polo's, purses. Mom and I most definitely will be heading there, I think.

I started painting Christmas cards today. I had a few disasters but a couple of them turned out cute. They're nothing fancy, but better than anything else offered over here.

The other day I bought a few new pens and today I discovered that one of them says, "Welcome to the terrific horrific teenage world." It's my new favorite.

Tomorrow I have two classes, plus the last day of the speech competition. Looks like it's going to be a busy day, but I like those.

Somewhere in the distance I can hear fireworks. Just so long as they're not right outside my window, I'm okay with them. Nathan told me I should throw water out my window onto them next time they shoot them off, but when they're that close to the window, perhaps it's just a better idea to keep it shut.

My brain is tired. I just spent an hour and a half trying to decipher what these speakers were saying, so I'm going to relax and paint some more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg purse/counterfeit shopping in china is the bees knees!! (i'm trying to bring that saying back. is it working?) clothes shopping there really does suck though, unless you're 4'11" and the size of my pinkie. so good luck! have you started veronica mars yet?? that show is totally the bees knees ;)

jenneeeeeee

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are getting in touch with your artistic side, that skill deifitely comes from the Adair side with your dad and Nana so talented. I can't wait to see the results.
Love, Mom

Sam Woollard said...

Nice to hear that you are back on track and not about to chuck it all in. And we are looking forward to these painted cards - we agree with Mum that your talent did not come from the Woollard side - mind you some of the Nudds girls are pretty good at it.

More boots? More sweaters? More purses? Must be a girl thing. I once remember Gallagher saying that women bought shoes to prevent other women from having them - seems that someone is living proof. I hope that those genes can't be passed upwards or your Grandma will be cornering the market when we are on the cruise...

Take care, keep enjoying life and give our love to Nate when you see him at the weekend.

Love
Grandpa
xxxx

Unknown said...

OMG I have 4 of those "teenage world" pens too... no joke. They're the best ever for writing. They write hella smooth. But they run out of ink too quickly. My mom got them for me, so I don't know where to get more. PLEASE reply to help me find out where to get them. They are like meth haha