Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Well, I'm lazy

Nathan was here this past weekend so I haven't updated in quite some time.
Class must have gone fine on Friday, because I don't remember any of it. I do remember the loooooooong wait until Nathan got here at around 10pm that evening. I think I mainly just cleaned the apartment and took a nap though.

We went to bed relatively early Friday night, but instead of being nice and letting me sleep in, Nathan made me get up at around 10am Saturday. I was not happy. We spent the day exploring Jiujiang on foot and taking the 'long way' to McDonalds. After McDonalds we explored the city some more, even got to see the Yangzi. I would have to say the highlight of the day was playing basketball at some underground arcade we found. A true work out... and I kicked Nathan's bootay.

Saturday evening Jennifer joined us for an evening at the DXD Club. Nathan soon made friends with the manager who was a nice guy. I even had a chance to practice my Chinese with the random people that joined us for drinks in our booth. At one point the manager had his 'cousin/sister/friend' come over to our booth to join us. She immediately found Nathan rather intriguing and was "all over him" (i.e. she had her hand on his knee, from what I saw) while I headed off to the bathroom. We found out later she was a prostitute from Anhui Province. Pretty amusing.

In Jiujiang the night life usually begins around 8pm and ends at 12am. We stuck with that theory and bailed around midnight.


I was not feeling stellar the next day so Nathan and I opted to stay in and watch movies. I would defintely recommend Speed Racer, Shoot Em Up, and Happy Together.

On Monday was more of the same. It was a holiday here so we stayed in for the most part watching more movies. I love Penelope and In Brugues, brilliant movies. We bought Nathan some school supplies, but I've just noticed that they're sitting on my coffee table. So much for that.

Nathan left today and I had class. Class went just fine apart from the tv episodes I showed the class not having subtitles. Shame. They also gave us new schedules this week. My Thursday and Fridays are awful, completely stacked with classes. The rest of the week is looking okay though. I've already had one of those classes for the week, but after reading their dialogues it looks like we have a few things to discuss. It's rather sad when they don't know the difference between when to use 'is' and when to use 'are'. Sigh.

Not sure what this weekend holds. I was going to head to Lushan with the school, but they want to leave Friday at 6pm and return Sunday. I have told them I will not be attending, mostly because I know that I would come back absolutely exhausted. I think I'll try to get a ticket to Nanchang to see Nathan.

Right, I'm wiped. Sorry this isn't the most stellar of blogs. I promise I'll be more detailed next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It's rather sad when they don't know the difference between when to use 'is' and when to use 'are'. Sigh."


Sounds like some people I know!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend and at least were able to relax a little. Did the Canaden ever show up?
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

wow, i look so. very. guilty. i wonder why.