Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I don't have much to report. My cold has steadily worsened, but I think those Theraflu strips are going to save my butt. I just want to be better by this weekend.

Nathan sent me a message earlier saying Nikoli may want to join me on my trip to Huangshan. Sounds good to me, I think he would be good company if he ends up coming.

I've sent Hamlin to change the rest of my US dollars, I've transferred funds from my savings to my checking, and I've asked for an advance on my pay. I'm hoping that Dad will give me some money for my birthday, but if that doesn't work out, I should be fine. Should be enough to get me there and back.

I must admit, I've already started packing, that's how excited I am. Today I gave Hamlin money to buy my ticket, so I should be getting that pretty soon. Wahoo! It's all coming together!

I'm off to copy down useful phrases and vocabulary into my notebook.

2 comments:

Sam Woollard said...

Those grottos look gorgeous they remind me of the Glow Worm Grotto in New Zealand where you can go out on a little boat on an underground lake. When you look up the roof is lit up with fireflies, somewhere in our attic we have a photograph that your Great Grandma took. I hope that you remember these grottos as long as she did. Have a great time.
Love
Grandma and Grandpa
xxx

Anonymous said...

ALL KINDS OF EXCITING! I myself never went to Huangshan (which is something I regret, so I keep telling myself I'll return to Anhui to see it), though I hear it's beautiful. And fall is such a beautiful time of year, it probably won't be too too hot.

While you are in Anhui, you should try to eat some tang cu li ji (糖醋里脊), which is a kind of chicken dish that was pretty much the most delicious thing I ate in China. It's what sesame chicken and General Tsos dreams of being. (Sarah told me to get it when I was in Hefei, and she was so right!) It is Number One of my list of Great Food In China I Miss.

I have been teaching for the past few days...it is much harder to teach in the US than it was in China...probably because I actually have to teach grammar, hehe. But it is going pretty well. I am a substitute right now, and I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to getting my own class or not.