Monday, September 22, 2008

Slight change of plans...

I've decided to spend only one day at Huangshan (Mountain) and the second day at the Huangshan grottoes and Huangshan Stone Forest. They look really amazingly cool. The grottoes are these man-made caves that no one can figure out who built them or why.
You can read about them here, here, and here.
They're close to my hotel and the entrance fee is half of that of Huangshan (Mountain). I'm looking forward to riding on a bamboo raft down the river. I may even go horseback riding if I feel like it.

I've come down with a rather nasty cold since Nanchang, so I decided we would watch a movie in my Secretary class today. We watched Stardust, which they really seemed to enjoy. I'm going to ask them to write a short story or something to accompany the movie when we finish it on Friday.
After class Jennifer and I went downtown so I could buy a backpack for my trip. We found one on walking street, and I found another cute Le Sportsac that would be a good size for my clothes when I visit Nanchang. I also found a hairstraightener which was only 25rmb, so we'll see how long it lasts. I left my sunglasses in Nanchang at Nathan's apartment, and I know I'll need some for the mountain so I bought some Louis Vuittons for $1. They make me look super fly.

I finally finished Eat Pray Love. It's really brilliant and I highly recommend it. It is, in a lot of ways, the reason I'm really excited to take this trip alone next week. I'm lending it to Pearl (one of Nathan's fellow teachers), so hopefully she'll enjoy it too. Perhaps I'll even do a little meditating on Huangshan (Mtn.).

I've got to make my Lesson 4 power point for tomorrow. I also need to get Hamlin to buy my train or bus ticket to Huangshan for me. Excited!

P.S. I have Washington state and Texas postcards, but I need some from other states and countries to show my kids. Please?!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey
It looks stunning so hopefully you'll be able to take and post some photos. Good to hear that you are able to show movies and present a power point. It sounds as though some of the technology has come through. i'll look around for ome postcards and will send over any I find. I should have bought some in New York!
Love, Mom