Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday

Today went a lot better than the last time I met with BE3. For one, the bad kids decided not to show up for class. Hey, no sweat off my back, they get zeros for the day. For another, I was way more organized this time. We watched Apprentice, then did a lesson on hotels. They wrote up some dialogues which I had them turn in. All in all, a successful class.

Jennifer and I went downtown again after we finished teaching. We got some great fleece blankets which will be a commodity here in the winter when we have no heaters. We also saw another bai ren (white person), but he didn't come talk to us, and I feel pretty guilty for not saying 'hi'. He looked like a nice guy, so I hope we run into him again so I can make up for it. Every time we go to McD's we seem to see foreigners.

My apartment is relatively done being finished. I'm still debating painting the walls, but for now, it looks pretty good. Certainly a lot more homely than when I first moved in. I took pictures which you can find here .

Nathan is probably coming to visit this weekend. We haven't had much of a chance to talk because I've been so tired and stressed from school.

Three day weekend, three day weekend, three day weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey

Glad that the second day went better than the first. It looks like you now have a couch. Is that something that you had to buy? Looks like you have added some homey touches. i'm still planning to see it in January. Hope you have a good weekend.

Love you lots. Mom

Anonymous said...

How about that, you are a natural at this teaching job. Keep going sweetie and pretty soon it will come much easier for you.
Love you, Nana

P.S. Your picture is beautiful.

Unknown said...

oh, ms. jessica, we have heat in the apartments. it's your ghetto fabulous classroom that's going to freeze your nose hairs.

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going better! Your apartment is super cute, i wish i could see it in person! I still miss your face, and i'm ready for you to come back already!

Love love,

L

Anonymous said...

For all the time I talked to you about my class, I have NOTHING on you ... Girl you are doing an awesome job and I know it will soon get easier. I am glad you are having a good time and meshing well. I miss you! Have a great weekend. Tell Nate hi for me
*Tess