Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's always a good night when you can't feel your face...

Right now my cheeks and lips are not exactly numb, but definitely lacking in as much feeling as they normally contain. This is most likely due to consuming much Jim Bean and tea with Jennifer and David.

Today I did nothing except watch Roswell, chat with Hamlin, and converse with Grandma and Grandpa via Skype. But this evening... well... that's where all the action was (yes, I'm ending that sentence with 'was', and it's wrong, so wrong, but I don't care).

This evening we ventured off to Phoenix Club. It ended up being only David, Jennifer, and I, but that was just fine. We drank, chatted, and played a Chinese dice game which will never really make sense to a westerner. I also watched the bar be lit on fire, the bartender juggle fire, and a flaming drink be prepared. Western fire marshals be warned, you are not welcome in these parts. (Wow, I really just had to type 'welcome' about three times. Make that numb fingers as well.)

I left the club with a stuffed animal, a candle, and 9 pictures from a photobooth. The pictures are available via flickr as soon as they load. (28% complete at this point.)

All in all, a grand night. I even used the squat pot successfully, which few foreigners can claim.

I'm off to figure out how to unclog the toilet with no plunger. I fear this may end in an Ian incident. (For that story, please refer to Nathan Baker).

For those of you worried about a consequential hangover, I've consumed 1 liter of water since being home (which has only been 30 minutes.)

Zaijian!


P.S. Rachel... the best English name I've encountered thus far is 'Nemo'. Lovely chap.

As per usual, find pictures here. Look for the two videos as well!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I had a co-worker who was named Box. It...oddly enough, suited him really well. He was an IT guy.

Friggen squat pots. In my emails to the US I sent last year, I did a feature called Rachel Vs. Squatting Toilets. They...won, for like the first two months.

They were also the source of my favorite self-invented euphemism, "Foot-Pissing Days", which meant a shitty day in China (as demonstrated by such things as accidentally pissing on your own foot).