Monday, October 13, 2008

We're movin' and groovin'

Well... I went to Nanchang this past weekend.
One of my friends Sophie traveled with me since she's from Nanchang. It was a fun train ride. We decided to rough it in the non-air conditioned no assigned seat cars. We got there a bit late, which meant no open seats! Insane! However, we made friends with some jolly Chinese men who let us sit with them. I think it's good to have a foreigner with you sometimes.

Nathan met us at the train station. We really didn't do much the entire weekend. Ate Chinese food which made me sick. I'm avoiding meat now. We went to Metro which is like Sam's Club. Found foreign food and Nathan bought a nice leather jacket.

Today I made my Secretary's do work, which they didn't really like. Eh. They needed to learn something.
Tomorrow we're watching Man of the House in BE3 so I can teach them about Texas. Good times.

Back to Nanchang for Nathan's birthday tomorrow. We're going to Lushan on Friday. Exciting!
May not have internet access for a few days. Will update upon my return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, I'm at Tilghman now looking at a beaurtiful sunset, and it is here where I miss you and Nathan the most. It was so weird to be in Amherst and you all weren't there. Did you like the autumn pictures? The leaves were awesome!

So good to hear from you after a few days! I don't know what I would do without these blog entries!

Love, Mama B

Anonymous said...

Jess, you make me laugh. How can you go to a foreign country, not speak their language very well (you said that, not me) and make friends so easily????
I miss you. Love you a lot, Nana

P.S. e-mail your cousin. She misses you.