Thursday, October 23, 2008

Huzzah Huzzah

Well, faithful readers, I'm keeping up with this traveling every weekend thing and heading to Nanjing this weekend with Jennifer.

Nathan and Nikolai are already on their way there, taking the overnight train. Jennifer and I leave tomorrow via bus.

How exciting!

Today Jennifer and I convinced David to take us to buy our tickets and then back to the pizza restaurant. We were only going to stay for a short while, but then one of Jennifer's old students, a gentleman named Tom, showed up and offered to buy us dinner.
A little about Tom: his birthday is October 17th, he is 41 years old. He owns an alcohol shipping company (is that right, Jennifer?) or some kind of business relating to alcohol. He started learning English a couple years ago and plans to study it for a couple more years. He wants to make his first million (RMB) in the next five years.
Tom was such a cool guy I invited him to my birthday party. We're going to eat pizza then go dancing.

This has been a great month for me. I can't wait to see what November brings. I've met a lot of really great people lately, I hope I can keep this up.

So.... no journal entries from me this weekend. Jennifer and I will probably come back Monday morning.

I had some great classes today. These kids may not like doing work, but I can see their English improving. I can also tell which students are not listening in class. Grr.
I still have millions of papers to grade, and I need to pack, we leave at 5pm tomorrow but I have class until 4:10.

Love, love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How will you ever live a normal life after all of your adventures? Have a great time and come back full of things to tell us. I love your blogs.
Nana
Love and miss you a whole bunch.

Sam Woollard said...

It was lovely talking to you today, thank you for finding the time to Skype us. Tonight Grandma and I are going to see Potted Potter - all 7 Harry Potter books in 70 minutes! Grandma has just finished book 6 so she will get a preview of The Deathly Hallows that she started to read last night.

Have a safe journey this weekend and we look forward to your next blog.

Godbless
Grandma and Grandpa
xxxx

Anonymous said...

I hate the students who come to class and just do nothing, they don't even try. It's irritating. Kind of like...um, hey guy, why are you even here?
I have one like that in my pronunciation class. The rest of the students try, at least.

I love how often you travel and do cool stuff...it makes it that much easier to live vicariously through you! :-D

Also, I'm trying to come up with something fun to do for Halloween and failing, too! Wtf. My students are all older than me, though (like 20 - 30), so it's hard to know what kind of activity they'd like to do.