Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oh the places you'll go...

Sometimes I have these weird little moments where I realize that I live in China.
I LIVE IN CHINA!
I work in China, I eat in China, I speak (bad) Chinese in China, I shop in China, I make friends in China, I'm in China.
It's just crazy, really.

I bought a a couple pairs of jeans today. They fit, but barely. Everything here is just a bit too small for me. I need to go shopping in Beijing, I think. I found clothes that fit there last time I was in this country. Perhaps when Mom visits we can make a trip up there, and see the Olympic village, also.

I received my package from Mom. I didn't open my birthday presents yet, though. I'm being good, though it's tempting.
I also got my gorgeous wall hanging from Nana. I can't wait to hang it up in my pink living room!
And......I got the cds, Grandpa. I will try to put them on my laptop tomorrow. Thank you!

I have cookies sitting on my desk which smell so good. They were tempting me while I was waiting for my lunch to cook, and I attempted to resist them... but then realized I'm a grown up and I'm allowed to eat a cookie before I eat my main meal. So I did. Delicious.

I'm very ready for Friday. I'm not sure why I feel anxiety this week when it comes to school, but I do. It's strange, because we're just watching a movie and doing a very short lesson on Halloween. Perhaps I'm anxious because we have midterms coming up. I've decided that I'm going to conduct job interviews with them. Next week we're learning about resumes and cover letters, then about job interviews, then having our midterms. Exciting stuff.

I've been watching Boston Legal while grading papers for the past two nights. It's such a great show, I really have a new appreciation for it. I bought seasons 1-4, so I've got awhile to go yet. It's too brilliant.

Also, I've decided to run away to Boracay, perhaps this summer.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the package arrived and you'll have something to open on your birthday. It still amazes me that you are so far away. I am so ready to see you. Also glad that the cd's from Grandpa finally arrived. It does seem that they hold onto the boxes until you have more than one.
All well here. Jeff is coming over tomrorrow to help distribute Halloween candy, and I ahve promised to look after my neighbor's dog over the weekend but that is as exciting as it gets.
Love you lots, Mom

Sam Woollard said...

Hope that the discs help you to get your laptop working again, let me know how you get on. And congratulations on how well that you are managing in China, as you well know I am not great on visiting countries where English is not readily spoken and as for trying to read signs that do not use the Western alphabet - well forget about it! You have my most sincere admiration. Keep having fun, enjoy your birthday celebrations and we look forward to reading all about it,
Love
Grandma and Grandpa
xxxx

Anonymous said...

take me with you to boracay! i think that's my kind of place!

Linds