Thursday, March 5, 2009

Things of note...

  • The fingernails are fixed. I managed to uber eff them up when I got home from the salon so I whipped out the polish remover and repainted them hot pink with glitter. I even managed to cut them down to a more resonable length, although the middle and ring fingers are still looking a bit long. I'm quite proud of my fingernail painting skillz although I'm nowhere near as good as the profs.
  • I have already saved up half of the program fee for this summer. Go me! Now I just need to get my tax return in, and save up the other 4000rmb plus any spending money I may need. However, I have been told that I shall probably get about 11,000rmb when summer break starts, so I don't think that will be a problem either. I also plan to do some private lessons for cash while I'm in Beijing if I can, or find some other job on the side.
  • I talked to Hamlin about my visa issues, i.e. my visa expires the day after I head up to Beijing. He said he would talk to some people and try to get it sorted so I don't have to worry about it.
  • Tomorrow I have two classes, then head to Nanchang to meet up with Nathan and Liz before we head to the hot springs.
  • I must go pack.

That's it.

P.S. I still really want a trapeze. Oof.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the fingernails are fixed. Congratulations on your saving. I'm sure Hamlin can assist with the visa issue, he seems to be good , if not always timely, with those things. Two boxes are on their way, nothing too exciting just some food.
Love you lots, Mom

Anonymous said...

Jess,

Good for you, fixing your problem with the nails. I knew you could do it. Oh, these major problems.
Since you didn't get your Christmas present, I will send some cash for your summer school. I will send it closer to time to go. Keep saving. Love you, Banana