Sunday, March 22, 2009

A fairly decent weekend.

I was in Nanchang this weekend, and it ended up being a good time. As soon as I arrived, Nathan and Pearl were there to greet me at the station. We headed to Metro for a little grocery shopping, before sending Pearl home with our goods while Nathan and I dashed off to a birthday dinner for our friend Leo.
The dinner was good, and while the entire thing was held in Chinese, I got the gist of most of it. I guess that means I'm getting better at this stuff. The meal was fantastic, but after many 'ganbei''s it was time to head home.

The weather was so nice on Saturday Nathan and I decided to go for a bike ride. We mis-judged the humidity though, and ended up pretty sweaty. We found a creepy abandoned building and graveyard on our ride which was interesting.
For dinner, Pearl was kind enough to cook us Tex Mex. It was delicious! We had a nice chat about a variety of subjects. We returned to Nathan's to get ready for an evening out. Soon Nik, Fei Fei, Nate, and I were on our way downtown to hang out with some friends at Le Nest. We met the Captain, and Leo, enjoyed a few drinks, then headed on to Soho bar.
Soho was quite fun, and the Captain was able to fanagle some free drinks for us. Luna, Simon, Leo's girlfriend, and a couple other girls joined us for the evening. After a few hours of dancing and drinking, we headed on to Stewart's bar to wind down.
Nathan wasn't feeling too good, so we headed home around 3am, the night complete.

Today we spent the day being sleepy and lazing about. I trained home around 5pm, and was happy I had a seat this time. I headed to Walmart after dropping off my bag to get some groceries and a few supplies for my classes tomorrow. It's game week, so hopefully it will go well. I'm off to pull some stuff together then sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, I was getting worried because you hadn't written in so long. I suppose you were busy with lesson planing.
Good news. They came out with some medicine that takes away the nausea and sleepyness from Jenna. She sounds soooo much better on the phone and even planned a trip here to go to a party at some friend's home. She couldn't get a flight so she couldn't come. I was hoping she could have a little bit of fun but it didn't work out.
It is the same old thing here. I am still sorting out Melissa's things and looks like I'll never get finished.
I'm glad you had a fun filled week-end with Nate and friends. You are such a party animal!
Keep us posted. I really missed your blogs. Love you always, Nanabanana

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess
Glad you had a good weekend. I bet Pearl's Tex-Mex was good. I spent a good part of today helping Tess pack in preparation for her move in April. Jeff is happy as his driver won the NASCAR race so he has another $40 won this season. Hope your students enjoy the games.
Love you lots,
Sam