Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Epic... only not so much

Nathan downloaded all of the Twilight books for me, so now I have all four on my computer waiting to be read. Awesome!

I had a great time hanging out with my student Renee today. We did a bit of shopping and I had a chance to not only practice my Chinese but also to eat some street food which was delicious, they were fried dumplings with spicy noodles inside. I must take Nathan to get some when he come to Jiujiang this weekend. We even got some sugar cane to munch on. Yum. Of course I didn't have my camera with me to document all this which is a shame.

After dropping off my purchases at the apartment, I went to Walmart to buy groceries since the house was devoid of food. I got some great munchies, and have found milk which may taste normal, I'll let you know after I try some. And some fat ass (probably Cary or one of the other foreign teachers) bought all the canned spaghetti sauce! Last time I was at Walmart which was only a week ago there were about 10 cans there. Ridiculous. They better order more. I'm stuck with those plastic bag spaghetti sauces until then.
Could someone mail me cotton balls? They are the only thing that I can't seem to find in China AT ALL! I've been using q-tips for my cleanser stuff, and it is just a waste.
On the way home I had a fantastic cab driver who spoke Chinese for laowai (foreigner) so I could understand him and we had a good conversation. He was nice enough to drive me to the door of my hotel (almost all cabbies stop at the main gate) since I had so much in the way of groceries. Apparently I've lost the ability to say the school's name correctly, because he started taking me to Jiujiang University. I corrected him and he told me he knew I was a teacher and so he just thought to take me to JJU or something along those lines. Eh. We figured it out.

Okay, I'm off to read Twilight before I force myself to go to bed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess

I'm putting together an Easter box and so I'll throw in some cotton balls. Sounds like you had a good day. I wander if you had the same taxi driver that we had. He also spoke laowei english and dropped us off at the door. Glad you are getting what seems more and more opportunities to speak Chinese. Let's Skype soon.
Love you lots, Mom