Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tastes like chicken...

A superb weekend, I must say.

Nathan arrived rather late in the evening on Friday so we decided to have a quiet night in front of the TvU. We had dumplings and noodles for dinner, my favorite.

Saturday was nasty weather, wet and chilly. We decided to do a bit of grocery shopping at Walmart where we picked up banana bread, eggs, onions, the usual. Then we returned home to again lounge in front of the TvU and cook dinner (spaghetti). The spag was a bit of a mess, but it tasted pretty good.

Today we woke up late (10am is now late for me.... damn this 8am class schedule!). I threw together a lesson plan to use tomorrow (greetings) and cooked Nathan breakfast in bed. After lounging we got ready and joined David and crew for dinner at a local restaurant. It was David's last night in Jiujiang (sad!) so there was much ganbei-ing. Dishes that I had never seen before were ordered, most delicious.... until we got to one. David kept telling Nathan and I, "Try it! Try it! Tastes like chicken!" but wouldn't tell us what meat it was. After nibbling on it I asked him again what it was....

"Frog."

"Oh."


So, now I have eaten frog. It really does taste like chicken, although the texture is more like fish. No, I probably wouldn't eat it again.

Nathan and David both had trains around the same time, so the group headed out to the train station. We all got to hang out until first Nathan left, then David.

Now I'm home, dreading a full day of classes tomorrow.

I have been talking to the program advisor at the Chinese program for this summer. The grand total will be $2000 ($800 for a shared dorm room, $1200 for the program), which I can easily swing. In fact, I'm filling out the application right now, which is exciting. Yahoo!

1 comments:

Nathan said...

Whew, nasty train ride. I know how you and your mom must have felt that one day. Except I wasn't wearing heals. It kind of exhausted me so I'm gonna hit the sack soon.

Btw, David tried to tell us it WAS chicken, that pianzi.