Friday, February 20, 2009

我没有钱

So I've been looking into taking an intensive Chinese language course this summer.

They are not cheap.

However, for $3000 I can take a 6-week intensive course in Beijing, housing included. I'm pretty sure I can swing that, since the good ol' U.S. of A has decided to give me an extra $300 with my tax return.

Of course, the only way I can swing that is if I can somehow figure out how to put my paychecks into my American bank account, and pronto-burger at that. Deadlines for summer courses are coming up. Urg. When I head down to Nanchang next weekend I'll go to the Construction Bank to see what they can do for me. I am psyched!

This is the program that I'm thinking would be best for me. I would study at the Beijing and Language and Culture University. Is it sad that the idea of six weeks of intensive Chinese language classes makes me salivate?
More information about the program here.

Of course this means I probably would not be moving this year, unless I could secure a job in Beijing and move up there when I went up for the program. Eh. I don't know. I guess we shall see how it all pans out.

3 comments:

Lindseeeee said...

sounds really exciting! I'm sure you'll get it all figured out. Beijing sounds like it would be a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

So, what would become of your apt.? If you give that up, where will you stash your belongings? It would work best if you got a job for next year in Beijing Will you have an income when school is out for the summer? So many things to consider. Work it out. Be safe. I love you, Banana

Anonymous said...

我也没有钱. Like, ever.
I'm proud of you for the 中文!

Why this program, as opposed to any other? I am curious, since my Chinese needs some brushing up, as well...when I teach English, all I can think about is "Man, if I could be in this same class, just for Chinese, my Chinese would get so much better!"