Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hrm

It's going to take me awhile to type up the entry about our trip, so enjoy some pictures in the meantime.
Harbin
Beijing
Shanghai

Mom and I had a great day today. We were resigned to spending the day doing nothing when I got a phone call from David inviting us to lunch with his English students. We thought it sounded good and agreed to go.
Ring (one of the students) swung by the school to pick us up in a cab to take us to the restaurant. The restaurant was near downtown and looked quite posh. We went into one of the private rooms and met up with Tony, his cousin, and his gym trainer. David joined us soon after we arrived and the drinking and eating began. It was so much fun and a great way for mom to try traditional Jiujiang food. An entire bottle of wine and many bottles of beer later, Qiao joined us. We stayed at the restaurant for a couple hours drinking, talking, and eating.

After we were finished stuffing ourselves we decided to head to a mahjong parlor to play a few games. I didn't really know how to play, so Tony was my partner. We played Jiujiang style, and boy were they fast! I hope to play again so I can pick up the game better. I did end up winning 15 yuan though! Tony is a good partner. We played for about three hours before David, Tony, Ring, and Qiao dropped mom and I off at Walmart (they were on their way to eat again!).

Walmart has turned out to be quite the godsend. Mom and I wandered around the aisles finding some great stuff. I now have spaghetti sauce readily available, new drawers, a mop, an iron, and a shoe holder. Fabulous.

Tomorrow mom and I have plans with Ring to get our nails done and we might be hanging out with David again. He did mention something about foot massages. We'll see.

Right, mom and I have just finished the first season of Entourage, so it's bed time.
Love!

Oh my gosh, I would love this!

1 comments:

Pat said...

Hi
Glad you are all having a great time. The ice city looks brillient. It was on the tele a while back and I thought then it would be great to visit.
Well it's great following you your mum and Grandparents, makes me realise what old stuck in the mud person I am.
Have a lovely rest of your mum's visit.
Lots of love to you all.
Pat