Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Right, so....

I will hold on to Mom and Grandma and Grandpa's Christmas presents until I see them.

As of right now, I'm planning to go to Hong Kong to meet Grandma and Grandpa. However, I still don't know what my schedule looks like, so I can't guarantee it. I do wish they were a bit more organized about it all, but what can ya do?

I had a great class today. The kids really responded to the pronunciation stuff. They tried to ask me about the phonetic alphabet... but I was clueless. Sorry kids, but this squiggly line inside these two straight lines doesn't mean a thing to me. We overcame this barrier, though, and I think they really learned something helpful today. I even saw some girls taking notes. Success.

Jennifer and I just got back from a highly successful shopping trip. Well, successful for me, anyways. I got some of the final Christmas presents that I need. I also bought a beautiful coat which I bargained them down from 388 to 88. Not a bad way to go at all. Tomorrow we're going to wrap up the Christmas shopping as much as possible as both our wallets and ourselves need a little break.

The Christmas cards are almost finished and today I found envelopes. They will be mailed soon. Perhaps when I go to Nanchang as I'll need Nathan's Chinese skills, or I'll talk to Hamlin or Sophie. Either way, they will be mailed.

I'm off to add the 'L' sound to my power point. Can't believe I left that out.

2 comments:

chubtor said...

Just hang on to the gifts until you know your schedule. As long as they are not perishable they will do just fine later in the year. We have tentative plans to go to see Mum next May/June probably straight after the next High School Reunion that I have been helping to organise.

We like the sound of your bargaining skills, next time we book a cruise we would like you to do the negotiations for us, you could save us a few quid....

Looking forward to seeing your cards, Grandma has spent all afternoon and this evening doing hers and these will be sent out shortly. I have printed off most of the address labels for her - thankyou Avery - and I expect that she will use those to send the cards off.

Forever21 have sent the lilac blouse from Pat to Mum's house and I think that Mum is bringing it with her. We haven't heard from Pat for a few days now but we know that she has been busy havin a stairlift installed inside and another one installed outside so that she can get up to her car. I do hope that the outside one is covered all she will get a very wet seat - we are experiencing some heavy precipitation this week and some of it is freezing overnight.

Take care
Grandma and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

I can help you with phonetic alaphabet! It was part of my major! :-D
It is pretty easy...if you ever want me to email you a copy of the chart, along with actual helpful descriptions of each symbol, I'd be happy to do so!

I hope you are doing well and that your students are being nice to you. I...am still somewhat jealous that you're in China!