Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let final exams commence!

Had my first round of final exams today. Good times, except my kids act like they're five and can't be quiet when others are talking. Really?! Really?! You're nineteen plus years old? I don't believe it. We finished class early which was nice.

I've just spent three hours grading papers and am now finished. It's amazing. AMAZING!
While grading papers I re-discovered some of those stories I asked the kids to write about a magic land that they made up. So... here are a few more for your viewing pleasure:

"I hope my magic land has two cute dogs. We are good friends. There is a clean river through the land which with many green grass, various trees. Birds, cloud, the sun in the sky. And I'm the princess, live with my family happily."

"I'm a Queen in a big and happiness family there is no war, no enemy, no resentment and also sadness. We just have happiness, happy, harmony, and peace. I have two great sodiers to protect our country. A witches and a wizards. They are all kind hearted, smart and responsibilities for the country. Witches specialize in open conflict and wizards take care of me carefully in my daily life. In my land, flowers, grasses, tree and animals are all lovely, prospectively and rigorous, they are all marks I have a warm beautiful, happiness country. In my kingdom, spring is green, red. Summer is golden, Autumn is yellow and winter is white. The beautiful scenery, good gards, lovely animals consists of my kingdom is a large kingdom. I love my kingdom, love everything in my kingdom."

"At the 3 BC, there is a girl who was controlled by witches in the jungle. She was waiting for the right person to take she free. One day, a hospitally man come across the jungle he met the girl. She told him what happened at her and hope he can save her. The man was deepen by her and decide to save her. But if he wants to save her he must hit the evil witches. At the same time, there were so many strange animals such as dinosaurs, but the man was a strong person. The man and the girl come across lots of difficulties but at last, the girl was free. The witches was died, the man and the girl live a happy life."

"A long time ago, There were a woman with her two children living in a town. Unfortunately, when her elder child 15 years old, Their mother was dead. So the sister should take her little brother, her little brother only 8 years old she felt very frustrated, she had no confidence on life. But she had duty, she should bring up her little brother she lived hardly. One day, she and her little brother went into a mountain. They saw a big cave, They surprised about that, so they went into. Walking into the cave, They saw many strange things, such as statues, snakes some ugly frogs. They were afraid about that. When they were nervous, a frog came to them, in fact, the frog was a lucky thing, it would give them good luck. Sister catched it, then she and her brother came into another world, the world's people were very friendly, They lived happliy together. She and her little brother were adopted by a rich couple. They had a good life at last."

"Ten thousand years ago, a little boy was captured by a witch who was a vicious woman. From that day on, the witch taught him magic to help him kill people. Because the witch lived on blood of people. The witch lived in a cave about 400 years. Every violent animal served her. When the boy grew up, when he try to kill an old men, suddenly he saw a frightened girl. The old men's girl. He fell in love with the girl at the first sight. So he didn't kill them. Later, he did not want to help the witch, and the girl changed him a lot. At last, many people fight the witch together, they successed at last. The girl and the boy and many people lived happily."



Today I received two more boxes from Mom. My Christmas tree is looking very festive with all my wonderful presents underneath it. I am so blessed. I do have to save, the M&M's had been opened, perhaps by some hungry customs inspectors, and some were scattered throughout the box.

Right, I have some Christmas cards I need to tape shut.

3 comments:

chubtor said...

What wonderful imaginations your pupils have, we should get some of them over here writing for TV - it has to better than some of the nonsense we are getting over here lately. Mind you I have to exclude Merlin from that - if you ever get a chance to see it then it is a must. Great cast, good stories and super special effects - in fact just as watchable as Robin Hood.

When you are grading your papers do you mark them on grammar and spelling? Because if you haven't the excerpts you gave are very advanced, much better than I could ever have done when learning French and Latin.

Our second parcel from Mum arrived today and glad to say our M&M's are so far intact! 6 large bags is just about enough to consider sharing but we might have to ration them out. For sure none of our guests will get any of the O'Henry bars, they are far too rare and precious to share with anyone who doesn't realise that they are the best chocolate bars ever!

Take care and keep blogging!

Love Grandma and Grandpa
xxxx

Anonymous said...

I love it! Those stories are awesome.

Today a student of mine said "I'm sorry you hate me". To which I replied, "I don't hate you. I just wish you did more work instead of arguing with me." And he turned to the guy behind him and said "See? She doesn't hate us!" And then I said "I don't hate you. You're just difficult students." And then he said "I'm easy! I'm easy man!"

And, because my mind is perpetually in the gutter, I went to the corner of the room and cracked up.

This is the same student who may or may not have been hitting on me today. Awwwwkward.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! With the girls being all hand-holdy and arm-touchy. IT IS WEIRD. I understand the aversion to being touched...I freak the fuck out when someone who isn't super close to me touches me, even if it's just a tap. My students (mostly the Korean students) do that sometimes, and will like tap me on the arm or something to indicate they want to ask me a question, and I jump like they stuck me with a pin. And it's even worse in China, with the girls there who are clingy...it's just like "Um....nooooooo....."

Best of luck to you! Eeeeek.