Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My China Career Goals...

Some of these are serious, some are just for fun (but I wouldn't pass on them if they came up):

  • Be a model for the home shopping network
  • Be a regular on a Chinese soap opera
  • Work for a magazine in Beijing or Shanghai, preferably Elle or one of those types
  • Club promoter
  • Own a bar or club
  • Own a restaurant
  • Front Desk manager at a hotel in Beijing or Shanghai
  • Write a book or two

I've pondered grad school recently. I could easily slip off to Korea for a year, earn the money, and return to China. However, I have also realized I have NO IDEA what I want to be when I 'grow up', so I guess grad school should probably wait until I figure that out.

Teaching is not my future. I need to figure something else out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the soap opera star. You could be the most famous laowai in China!

Jeff

chubtor said...

Well my vote goes to the magazine 'cos you might get the chance to travel to England.

Lindseeeee said...

Do EVERYTHING!

L

Anonymous said...

If I get to vote, I would say that you are a natural for the home shopping network, judging from the way you love to shop. I would not like for you to get into the bar, club or restuarant thing. Pretty soon the Chinese mafia would be after you. Soap opera star is not too bad or working for a magazine may be good for awhile. You could even go into advertising. Oh what the heck, you will figure it out in the next year or so.
Love you, Nanabanana

Anonymous said...

miss you, good luck!

my