Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Frack, I am tired.

So... classes today.

......

The 8am kids were alright. Not the best, but they did the work. My 10am class makes me want to rip my hair out. I actually had to say to them, "This is oral English class. If you do not even attempt to open your mouth to speak English I will FAIL YOU!" (Insert appropriate swear words here.) It's just such a shame because I have about ten really great speakers in there, and the rest of them just..... don't care, don't try, don't want to be in class.
Gaaaaaaaah. Semester must end now.

Had a good afternoon though. I rented a bike from the school then Cary and I biked out to Jiujiang University. The campus is gorgeous! It backs up to Lushan and there isn't too much around them except the campus. Saw a ton of the Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani students, but they were too busy playing cricket to take much notice of us. Ran into Stan the man. Cary and I will probably check out the bars out there sometime in an effort to run into more of the other foreigners. They have a lot of grates out there and when I went over one too fast my water bottle flew out of the basket on the front of the bike, over my shoulder, and I ran over it with the back tire. Oops. Pretty spectacular move though. I think I will buy a bike... although it only cost 2 yuan to rent one for a couple hours, not shabby. Now I can say I've survived a bike ride through the mean streets of Jiujiang. Score.

Nathan is having a 'boys weekend' this weekend in Shanghai, but my friend Cici will be in Nanchang so I'm going to go stay with her. We're spending the night at the Agriculture University for some reason, so I'm hoping to meet the foreign teachers there. Then on Sunday I'm meeting with Pearl to have a Reiki lesson. Pretty neat. Home on Sunday night, must plan my lesson tomorrow so it's all set for Monday so I needn't worry about it this weekend.

I finished my first water color experiment, however the pictures I've been taking of it are muting the colors, so I shall try again tomorrow and post pictures later. It's... eh, okay I guess. A pretty fun experiment to see how these water colors work.

Over and out.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Having seen the driving in Jiujiang, it is a little scary to think that my one and only daughter braved it. However, it sounds as though it was worth it. Have fun learning reiki with Pearl. Guess I should also learn or I'm going to be left out.
Love you, Mom

chubtor said...

This Reiki thing is growing like a virus, all last weekend our house was filled with incense, relaxation couches and women sitting huddled in corners talking before getting up and putting their hands in strange places.

As you well know I have two attitudes 1. Physically unwell - positively think yourself better. 2) Mentally unwell - pull yourself together woman (it's always women who need that kind of help)!

Just kidding. Keep on having fun.

Lots of love

Jenny said...

I love the word frak! Even tho I've never watched battle star whatever haha! Ps you let those kids know who's boss! Fosho fail em if they don't wanna participate/be there.

Anonymous said...

Jess:
If you buy a bike, you have to do the repairs on it and what where would you keep it? When you move, you have the pain of disposing of it. Actually, that's why I dont get a bike, plus all the repairs I would have to get on myself after riding the thing. Just a thought.
I can imagine how frustrating it is to teach kids that dont really want to cooperate. Grrr
Keep safe and have fun too.
Love ya much, Nanabanana

Anonymous said...

Jess:
I forgot to ask about the water colors. When did you take that up? I am anxious to see them so be sure and do a show of them.
P.S. Pleas excuse the mistake I made in the other comment.
Love you bunches. Nana